EASILY GROWN, PERENNIAL SPICE PLANT
ROLL OUT CHIVE PATCH
They are just as easy to start with our patch. Chive can be started indoors or outdoors. Plant / roll out chives then water well.
If you’re planting chive patch indoors, place the pot in a dark spot in temperatures 60° to 70° F. (15° to 21° C.) until the seeds sprout, then move them into the light. When the chives reach 6 inches, you can transplant them to the garden. If you’re planting the chive patch outdoors, wait ’till after the last frost to plant the seeds. The seeds may take a little extra time to sprout until the soil warms up.
So many seeds / pot. Set cool and bright. Keep moist. Transplant in May.
WHERE TO GROW CHIVES?
GROWING CHIEVES INDOORS
Harvesting chives is as easy as growing chives. Once the chives are about a foot tall, simply snip off what you need. When harvesting chives, you can cut the chive plant back to half its size without harming the plant.
If your chive plant starts to flower, the flowers are edible as well. Add the chive flowers to your salad or as decorations for soup.
Knowing how to grow chives is as easy as knowing how to chew bubble gum. Add these tasty herbs to your garden today.
IT ONLY TAKES POWER FROM OTHER GROWTH
ROLL OUT THE PATCH IN OCTOBER CAN CAUSE EARLIER GERMINATION IN THE SPRING
|EAN CODE||73500030910 35|
|Latin name:||Allium schoenoprasum|
|Material and Contents per Patch:||
|Dimension:||10cm x 20cm|
|Plant Class:||Annual (A)|
|Net Weight (Approx:)||0.1 kg|
SEASONAL FEATURES FOR CHIVES MIX
|Roll out||Roll out||Roll out||Roll out||Roll out|
HOW TO GROW
- Prepare the garden bed and remove any stones
- Roll out the pre-seeded planting and cultivation textile /mat
- Please do not Cover the mat with soil!
- Water well, keep moist and weed free
- Harvest and enjoy!
- Plant in spring after the last frost (soil temperature at least 65F)
- Prepare pot or garden area (full to partial sun)
- Cut mat to any size needed
- Do not Cover the mat with soil!
- Water immediately, keep area moist
- Do not use fertilizer!
- Water twice a day
- Seeds should sprout after 2-4 weeks
- Vegetables will appear 6-7 weeks after sprouting