Frequently Asked Questions
There are three widths:
- 40 sq m. grass roll: (0.80 cm wide x 50 m long) 4,4 kg.
- 25 sq m. grass roll: (0.80 cm wide x 31,2 m long) 3,2 kg.
- 10 sq m. grass roll: (0.80 cm wide x 50 m long) 1.2 kg.
- 5 sq m. Patch n Repair roll: (0.80 cm x) 0.6 kg.
- 5 sq m. Wildflowers roll: (0.80 cm x ) 0.7 kg.
- Herbs and Spices Patch: (10cm x 20 cm) Between 6 to 10 gm.
- Vegetables Patch: (10cm x 20 cm) Between 6 to 10 gm.
- Pet Grass Patch: ( 10 cm x 20 cm) Between 6 to10 gm.
- 60 sq m. Custom made size for Grass or Flowers option A ( 1.20 m wide x 50 m long) 6.6 kg.
- 120 sq m. Custom made size for Grass or Flowers option B ( 1.20 m wide x 100 m long) 13.2 kg.
- 120 sq m. Custom made size for Grass or Flowers option C ( 2.40 m wide x 50 m long) 13.2 kg.
- 240 sq m. Custom made size for Grass or Flowers option D ( 2.40 m wide x 100 m long) 26.4 kg.
YES! We have years of research and development into the technology behind TurfQuick®. We’ve conducted thousands of tests in our labs and on our farms, installed entire golf courses, bunker complexes and sports fields, we are so confident that TurfQuick® will work for you.
TurfQuick® was initially invented for erosion control and strong growth on slopes and hillsides, the seed and fertilizer stays exactly in place and won’t get washed away, the Bio fabric holds onto water (6x) right next to the seed…normally growing seed on slopes doesn’t work because irrigation or rain wash the seed and fertilizer down the slope.
TurfQuick® naturally ‘tacks’ to the ground after watering so typically doesn’t need pegs to hold it down, however if you live in a windy area make sure you water the prepared ground the night before installing TurfQuick® this will increase the ‘tacking’ properties, as a further precaution against windy days put a small amount of soil along the edge of TurfQuick® that faces the wind, this is to stop wind getting under the sheet. You can also use our Biodegradable Stakes instead a metal staple, eliminates the risk of damage to machines and equipment like mower blades and tires and can actually reduce project costs when used in place of a metal pin.
More information at https://www.turfquick.com/biodegradable-stakes/
Each roll of TurfQuick® has a unique seed label adhered to the roll, this gives detail of the exact seed varietal and fertilizer, there is also an expiry date, this is a Swedish agricultural requirement, in independent tests most seed is still viable two to three years after this ‘expiry date’, in addition TurfQuick® has more seed per square meter than the industry prescribed seeding rate so even if some of the seeds failed to germinate there are many more than normally applied per sq m.
TurfQuick® contains seed, fertilizer and mulch so extra nutrients aren’t necessary, do not lay TurfQuick® over any existing grass or vegetation, TurfQuick® must touch the soil it is to grow on, so clear all old grass vegetation, loosen the top 5-10 centimeters of soil with a rake and create a smooth surface free of any debris, if you want to add mulch or topsoil (not necessary) make sure you till into the existing soil, TurfQuick® works best when touching actual soil rather than mulch
TurfQuick is safe for pets because it`s real grass. We recommend keeping pets off the TurfQuick until the grass has grown 8 centimeters. If pets will be outside, we recommend sectioning off an area for TurfQuick and an area for pets to play and do their business. Once the TurfQuick has grown in, reverse the sequence and block off the next area for TurfQuick to grow.
Yes. But because sand doesn`t have many natural nutrients it’s recommended to mix in some topsoil when loosening the surface then fertilize every spring and fall. The TurfQuick will produce great results as the roots can grow freely and deep
we recommend spreading out a thin layer of top soil or dirt on top of the TurfQuick. Note that while it may seem that birds are eating all the seeds, there are thousands of seeds in TurfQuick and from our experience the birds do very little damage.